ARK’s Textured Grabber® is an oral motor chew tool with 3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps. As a chew tool, sensory seekers LOVE the extra sensory input from the added texture. As a feeding therapy tool, these textures simulate the feel of actual food for realistic non-food chewing practice. They can also help desensitize the mouth, decrease oral defensiveness/aversions, and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréed to textured foods.
Just like the original smooth Grabber, the Textured Grabber has an easy-to-hold loop and a long extension to reach the back molars. Use it as a safe alternative to chewing on one’s hands, shirts, pencils, etc. It can also be used as an oral motor therapy tool to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles.
- A safe outlet for anyone who needs to chew
- Also a staple oral motor / feeding therapy tool for working on jaw strength, biting & chewing skills, and more
- Loop makes it easy to hold
- Long extension makes it easy to reach the back molars
Like all ARK chews, it comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard (Magenta or Red) – recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm (Lime Green or Teal) – XT stands for “Xtra Tough.” These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually “graduate” from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm (Royal Blue or Forest Green) – XXT stands for “Xtra Xtra Tough.” These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing. The Y-Chew XXT is usually the overall longest lasting chew for most avid chewers.
Oral Motor products not what you were looking for? Check out our other sensory products here
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.