ARK’s Grabber® P Tube – Hollow Chew is just like the original Grabber, but about 2″ of the stem is hollow instead of solid. The tube-like stem is perfect for individuals who want their chew tool to “collapse” more, whether as a sensory chew and/or in feeding therapy. As an oral motor tool, use it to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking. Build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles. Put puréed foods inside the tube for functional biting/chewing practice. Because the hollow tube provides less resistance than the original Grabbers, this is a great “starter” chew tool for individuals with very limited jaw strength.
- Just like the original Grabber, but with a hollow stem
- Great for when “collapsible” feedback is desired
- For feeding therapy, put puréed foods inside the stem for functional biting/chewing practice
- Long stem for reaching the back molar areas
Like all ARK chews, it comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard (Magenta or Red) – recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm (Lime Green or Teal) – XT stands for “Xtra Tough.” These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually “graduate” from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm (Royal Blue or Forest Green) – XXT stands for “Xtra Xtra Tough.” These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing. The Y-Chew XXT is usually the overall longest lasting chew for most avid chewers.
**Important note: because it is hollow, the extension will feel much softer than other ARK chews in the same level**
Choose your option from the menu above. Each chew is sold individually. Color hues may vary slightly. Each Grabber® measures about 2″ across the loop, 5″ long, and ½” thick.
Please note: these hollow chews are not recommended as a long lasting option for avid/aggressive chewers. Check out other solid chews for longer lasting options.
Oral Motor products not what you were looking for? Check out our other sensory products here
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.