The best gifts are those you can tell someone put a lot of thought into, those that represent how much the giver really cares and how much the receiver means to them. The best gifts last a long while, and always provide a reassuring, warm feeling.
That’s exactly why a weighted blanket for a gift is an excellent choice to wrap up for a special someone for the upcoming holidays. A weighted blanket symbolizes a sincere embrace from someone who is thinking about the well-being of the receiver, and there really can’t be anything better than that.
A made-in-Calgary company with a commitment to giving back to the community, Hippo Hug’s weighted blankets are simply the best available. They can be fully customized, making them not just a thoughtful gift, but also a personal one. We have a wide range of fabrics to choose from that will match any décor, while also representing the personality of the person for whom it is being made. Our staff of dedicated tailors combine their dedication to their craft with their natural rapport with Hippo Hug customers, so you can be sure your weighted blanket will be a made-with-love item that’s literally heavy with meaning. For those who may not have enough time to order a blanket, we have a large pre-made selection that will almost certainly provide an option to suit your needs. We also have regular sales and deals.
Who Would Love a Weighted Blanket?
Weighted blankets have numerous benefits and their effectiveness can improve lives. Not only have they been shown to support better mental health, they may even speed up recovery from injury or illness. They work by providing what is known as deep pressure touch stimulation, which activates the parasympathetic nervous system, resulting in a relaxing feeling. The even weight distribution of a Hippo Hug blanket stimulates the release of dopamine and serotonin, which soothes and calms. They also assist with attention, mood, sleep, and digestion.
Those who are good candidates for weighted blankets are people who:
- Like to be cuddled and held
- Sleep with sheets tucked in tightly
- Prefer to wear tight pajamas
- Wake up consistently during the night
- Tend to toss and turn and throw blankets around
- Enjoy the sensation of a massage
Why a Weighted Blanket for a Gift is a Great Idea
Hippo Hug weighted blankets are made to last. Our unique proprietary weighting system uses ceramic-coated metal disks that are only a few millimeters thick, which allows our blankets to have a nice, low profile just like a regular blanket. We are also able to place the disks in the exact spots where they will be most beneficial to the user.
Consider a weighted blanket for an adult friend or a family member if they:
- Have trouble sleeping
- Experience anxiety
- Suffer from chronic pain
- Are getting squeezed as part of the sandwich generation
- Have restless legs syndrome
- Are going through menopause
Visit our Articles and Blog page to see the many different ways weighted blankets for a gift can change a life for the better.
Children who have been diagnosed with ADHD or autism spectrum disorder are also great candidates for a weighted blanket, which can help them get the rest they need in order to face each day with positivity and optimism.
Deal With Holiday Stress With a Weighted Blanket
Holiday stress is very real, and can take a toll on health and wellness. Many of us miss loved ones who have passed away, feel guilt for not being able to meet everyone’s expectations, and are just plain worn out from shopping, running errands, cooking, baking, and decorating, to name just a few of the regular demands of the holidays. A dedicated bedtime ritual where you allow yourself time to truly decompress from the day in combination with a weighted blanket can allow you to truly enjoy this time of year.
Additional ways to deal with holiday stress in a healthy way include:
- Acknowledging that you are having difficulties and being honest with yourself. In other words, don’t try to live up to unrealistic expectations.
- Doing something that matters deeply to you, such as volunteering at a non-profit that you feel does good work.
- Trying not to expect too much of others. If something goes wrong because of the actions of another, try not to get mad and be understanding.
- Sticking to a strict budget. Don’t overspend and cause longer-lasting stress after the holidays.
- Saying no to invitations that you are not excited about and that will simply take up too much of your time.
- Adhering to regular healthy habits such as working out and eating well.
Can’t Afford a Weighted Blanket for the Holidays? We Have Many Other Items Available
We understand that a weighted blanket is an investment that may not fit in to your holiday budget. Deep pressure touch stimulation can be provided by a number of our other items, including:
- Smaller blankets sized 20 x 50 inches that can act as a shoulder wrap, lap pad or small blanket
- Hippo Sit Weighted Lap Pads
- Hippo Hug Weighted Animals
You might also consider a gift card purchase so the person can make their own choices. If you have any questions about how a weighted product may benefit you, please feel free to contact us through email, by phone, or come on by our storefront a few blocks east of Chinook Centre.