How do I know a Weighted Blanket is for me?
1) Does the person who the blanket is for like small spaces?
2) Do they like tight clothing?
3) Do they enjoy tight hugs and lots of squishes?
4) Do they curl up in a tight ball while watching tv or in order to get to sleep?
5) Do they pile lots of blankets on the bed at night? Or keep a heavy duvet on in the summer despite being too hot?
6) Are they unable to fall asleep without the weight of another person beside them?
7) Do they stick their hands, arms, legs or feet between the wall and the bed?
If YES is the answer to any of these questions then a weighted blanket might be a viable solution.
What can I try to be sure? What can I do while I wait for my Blanket?
1) Pile up lots of blankets while they are settling to sleep or fold a heavy quilt in half or quarters to increase pressure on the body.
- This is also a good way to gauge how much weight the person likes, as you can pile blankets until they are calm and then weigh the blankets.
2) Wear tight pyjamas to bed.
3) Tuck sheets in tight.
4) Give a massage before bed.
5) Let the family pet sleep on the bed if they will sleep over the person.